Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thou hast made me whole

"Jesus, I am resting, resting
In the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.
Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee,
And Thy beauty fills my soul,
For by Thy transforming power,
Thou hast made me whole." - Jean Sophia Pigott (1845-1882)

I wish I could write more but am too tired. Some very sweet thoughts throughout the day on Psalm 46. Rarely and barely could I make it beyond the third verse without feeling the choke of emotion and would have to stop. Sometimes I am overwhelmed by my God--Him who is my "ever-present help...." In Song of Solomon (ha! I always feel scandalous quoting from such a richly romantic book) the wife asks the husband where he pastures his flock so she might meet him during the day. It is a beautiful love. She want to be with him NOW! Somedays I really just want to go away and be with Jesus. The wonderful, wonderful thing is that He welcomes it.

No comments: