Wednesday, September 17, 2008

in the rearview mirror

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the lords, who is Spirit." 2 Cor. 3:17-18

Each morning crossing the Warren Ave. bridge I get to see heaven meeting earth over-top the Olympic Mt. range, which appears as a brief and brilliant unveiling of God's glory. It forces a daily reminder: "What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care?" (Ps. 8) Thank you, Jesus, for not waiting for my doubting response. In material comparison with the largeness of the mountain or the vastness of the galaxies or the length of the river or the power of a grizzly I am inadequate and inconsequential. We are exalted only by our relationship to God. God exalts us. Being made in His image for relationship with Him is the beginning to our worth.

I regret not having the time tonight to share with you the words and whispers I have heard from God and his people this past week through the Spiritual Hunger Conference 08', Montana-Rama 3rd with my boys from SOMA, Fight Club with the Coffee-O gang, Tuesday prayer, the worship seminar at Seaside Church, and the preliminary elders meeting with Pat, Rocky, and my father. It is only grace that these meetings have not added onto me needless standards and anxiety from imaginary, unmet responsibilities. I think my soul is beginning to feel the true freedom of true grace. That whenever I look to God he says, "I accept you." Ha! That is the sweet sound of grace.

In the past 4 days 4 new people have moved into my parents house, adding to the previous 2, making the total 6. Tonight as I entered the kitchen after dusk to make myself a late night PB&J I was cornered by a new member of the ever-growing household. Here is the kitchen story: a young women being found by Jesus after years of living through drug-numbed emotions and an empty spirit. Now she sings for him. O God, give more people reason to sing here in Bremerton. There remain so many lost, so many "out there." O God, please rescue...

No comments: