Sunday, May 31, 2009

a porch panoramic

I am enjoying the evening cool from the deck of my 2nd story apartment. There is a thick greenbelt around the complex that is garmented in non-bearing fruit trees and evergreens. Between a few of the evergreens, one having the broken top of an eages perch, I have a sunset view over the eastern side of the Olympic mountain range, which faithfully stands each day as tables beneath the peach spring sky. I swing upon a tilting bench that is just big enough for two and a child. Directly in front of me are the blinking lights of Green Mountains cell towers and above the moon holds pause as a rearview mirror for the sun keep a watchful eye over that it misses. Teach us to number our days aright, that we might gain a heart of wisdom" (Psalm 90:12).

No comments: