Tuesday, November 25, 2008

dam the river, Lord! dam the river!

“The best of all is God with us. When He is ready I am ready; I long to taste the joys of the heavenlies.” - E.M. Bounds

A beautiful day. Such a simple word--beautiful--but a true definition. At the coffee shop we see an endless flow of people. All sorts of people: odd, normal, spectacular. Please pray that God will throw his net out into this flow and pull in a big catch. I pray to be a better fisherman. I lack that killer instinct. I think there should be an instinct in every Christian to be a little reckless. To get in their and pull em' out. I can be pretty timid. Please pray that I will proclaim Christ with boldness (isn't it surprising that Paul asked for that same prayer?). I have been challenged reading on the lives and actions of George Whitefield and John Wesley. They still preach.

As trite as it sounds I also ask you to pray for quick healing for my left quadricept. I strained it again pretty bad playing football this Sunday. It is terribly hard to be out of the action. As surprising as it may sound, those times of sports are an excellent ways of showing guys love (even if it involves pushing them around). Oh that Christ may be preached in every way. I can be so plain and one-dimensional. "Here am I."

No comments: