Sunday, November 30, 2008

good fires

"It is better to burn out than to rust out." - Henry F. Lyte

There have been many goings-on the last three days. I have been enjoying, perhaps even too much, the rest offered by the advent of the holiday season. Two of our guys are offering themselves for baptism. I love these guys. They bring great happiness to our Church--your Church (they can also catch a football pretty well!). Last night we had an Ordinary Guy movie night. Our few ordinary guys came and left changed. This last week I have also been visited by 10+ people from my previous homeland, Pullman. I love the enduring work of God. Please pray for SOMA and the new Black Horse Band as they all continue to minister at the Evangelical Free Church in Pullman.

For the next four weeks we will be having Sunday Classes at Coffee Oasis teaching on what it means to be a Church, what we believe, and the vision of The Refuge (the Church that meets at the shop). Pray for me as I study to teach next week. Please pray that my words will bring joy to those that hear. My heart is heavy with the knowledge that my words have at times been harmful rather than healing. I do not want my tongue to cause the spark that lights the blaze of doubt or bitterness in anyones heart. I beseech you to pray that I speak plainly and lovingly, even lovely, and highly of Him who is forever true.

No comments: