Monday, November 24, 2008

when the sun begins its course

"To meditate on the three Persons of the Godhead is to walk in thought through the garden eastward in Eden and to tread on holy ground." - Tozer

"One God! One Majesty!
There is no God but Thee!
Unbounded, unextended Unity!

Unfathomable Sea!
All life is out of Thee,
And Thy life is Thy blissful Unity." - Frederick Faber

"Batter my heart, three Person God." - Donne

I took an early morning to walk eastward in Eden. I was impressed this morning by how much of the Bible is about me. Or should I say, "concerns me." It is because God is; because God "loved me and gave Himself for me." Love is an exchange and God, above all others, has shown Himself to be unselfish in His romance. It is not a gospel about me though. Still, in a relationship there is a me and another. "I am my beloveds, and His desire is for me." We are not nothing, but persons that have senses and affections, tissue and bone, mind and intellect, spirit, deepness that will cry out to deepness. All of ourselves was meant to be united with all the beautiful, coherent, intertwining, and blessed unity of the Godhead. Though I often feel dumb and helpless with the way I am using my body God instructs us in the way things should be done. He speaks of my eyes and my hands, He looks at my mind and my heart, He offers how I should use my mouth and where to place my feet. When I read the Bible I hear the voice of God saying, "This is the good way, walk in it!"

Please pray for me as the week begins. I was very tired and tempted at the end of last week.

Abiding.

No comments: