Wednesday, October 1, 2008

all you need to do...

Here is how the story was recounted to me by one of the guys who is part of our church, a believer of 11 months, and already an example to me of taking Jesus at His word:

"Today I was tempted by evil twice, and twice God gave me words to speak. I spoke in scripture and in words that were too wise for me came from my mouth. The confrontations came from two coworkers. Neither of these guys have ever said anything discouraging about my faith so I knew immedietly it was the evil one challenging me in my faith. The first guy called me a "gay Christian" and before I knew how to respond scripture came from my mouth, "You know not by what spirit you speak." It was like Jesus was inside me defending me. The second guy unexpectedly called me a "fag" and in the same way words came, "I care not what the world think of me." Later I met an old aquantence who asked me what I was doing. I stood at her and grinned for some time. She asked, "why are you smiling." I told her, "it is because of my Lord Jesus Christ," and she ran away. Another girl who had spoken to her came up and asked me how I was enjoying church. I told her how amazing it was and she told me how she really wanted to be a Christian. She had waited a long time and she felt like the time was now...."

Here is a young brother who today was my tutor in faith. His summary was: "all you need to do is make yourself available to God." He left me with the words that we have exchange frequently in the last month, "God is doing something big!" Please pray for us. I greatly desire pure passion as we draw near to God in worship.

1 comment:

mike said...

Amen for tutors!

Hey I saw you put Rutherford on your book list. I got it for Rebekah last year for Christmas. This is one of our favorites:
"I bless the Lord, that all our troubles come through Christ's fingers, and that he casteth sugar among them: and casteth in some ounce weights of heaven and of the spirit of glory in our cup."