Tuesday, October 21, 2008

naked gospel

Tired. Rocky, Danny, and myself talked with an individual that claimed to be possessed by darkness today. He called it the "Dark Prince," or some foreboding name like that. We talked about Jesus. In the midst of the time this individual made a point to talk of His powerlessness against this dark strength. There was a joy that came out of me in words. I told him about my Jesus. The ONE through whom the whole heaven and earth where created, that satan himself was nothing in comparison to the SON OF GOD who spoke the world into being. Still more, Jesus came to destroy the power of sin and death and hell, and that as Christians, who are brothers and sisters, coheirs even, with Jesus, we stand with Him, forever secure, perfect in the eyes of the loving Father, indwelt with the Holy Spirit. Oh what a glorious recounting of the truth. While I felt extraordinarily strengthened through that time I am now tired. Pray for the Gospel to break down the doors to hearts.

I am privileged to work with a group of individuals that would gladly give the clothes off their own back for someone who is cold to stop shivering and hear the words of Jesus. It is what I call the "naked Gospel." To him who has ears...

No comments: